01-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #27
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Where are you obtaining your info from? If the above the true, it would be impossible to perform any dyno testing same day.

The weather variable is enough to null any accuracy in the end result.
I never said that dyno testing couldn't be done on the same day. I'm simply saying that the ECU should be given time and miles to adapt to any new parts before it's able to reach its full potential. For example, when Mike Brown, the CEO of **********s.com did his dyno for his 135i he ran into the same dilemma that a lot of people are facing with a power loss. The first dyno run he did with the aFe intake installed showed a power loss of 14. The second run a power loss of 12 and the third run 11. Each time the dyno was done showed less and less of a loss. The final decision was to go ahead and drive the car for 200 miles and do the dyno at a later date. Once the ECU was given time to adapt the car showed a gain of 12 horsepower. Yes, the weather variable can be taken into consideration. However, the dyno for Will's M3 with it's stock intake box was done on a rainy day which was much colder than the day of the aFe intake dyno.
Appreciate 0