View Single Post
      08-22-2008, 05:35 PM   #14
BCMPOWER
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Silverstone II M3

Here is more information that I received via email, hope to see you all tomorrow. So far I am meeting up Claudio at La Madeleine in Rockville at 8:45, if anymore want to come let me know asap because if it is just him we are leaving right away.
Quote:
The anticipation is almost over ... ChapterFest 2008 is Tomorrow!!! The weather is going to be fantastic and we are going to have ton of people in attendance.

Many attendees have asked for an address to the event. Wait no longer. The address follows:

Bowie Baysox Stadium
4101 NE Crain Highway
Bowie, MD 20716

Tomorrow's schedule is listed below. The times are not concrete and may be slightly tweaked during the event.

8:00AM FACILITY OPENS
8:30AM AUTOCROSS TECH INSPECTION OPENS
9:00AM AUTOCROSS COURSE OPEN FOR WALKING
9:15AM AUTOCROSS DRIVER'S MEETING
9:30AM AUTOCROSS HEAT #1 BEGINS
10:00AM SWAP MEET STARTS
11:00AM SHOW & SHINE JUDGING BEGINS
11:30AM AUTOCROSS TECH INSPECTION OPENS
12:00PM FOOD ARRIVES (RED, HOT AND BLUE)
12:00PM AUTOCROSS COURSE OPEN FOR WALKING
12:15PM AUTOCROSS DRIVER'S MEETING
12:30PM AUTOCROSS HEAT #2 BEGINS
1:30PM AUTOCROSS TECH INSPECTION OPENS
1:30PM LAST CALL FOR SHOW & SHINE BALLOTS
2:00PM SHOW & SHINE AWARDS PRESENTED
2:00PM AUTOCROSS COURSE OPEN FOR WALKING
2:15PM AUTOCROSS DRIVER'S MEETING
2:30PM AUTOCROSS HEAT #3 BEGINS
4:00PM CLEANUP AND TEARDOWN
(VOLUNTEERS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED)

Now, what should you bring to ChapterFest? Since ChapterFest is an outdoor event, it is suggested that you bring anything necessary for your comfort! For starters, bring a chair and sunscreen. If you want to put some items out for sale, it's suggested you bring a table, or whatever is necessary, to display.

So you haven't registered? Your dog ate the computer? (... likely excuse) No worries! Walk-up registration will be permitted. We're not positive we will have enough shirts for all walk-up registrations, so, first come, first serve. There still are many Autocross spots available and we should be able to fit a few into the Show & Shine.

We've taken a lot of time organizing ChapterFest, and now we're asking for a bit of help. We need several volunteers to help with working the registration gate. Please email me if you are willing to help out. To top it off, if you're autocrossing, this will count for your worker assignment (no cone shagging)!

I've received lots of great questions and I'm sure that I'm forgetting something. When you think of that forgotten item, shoot me an email to jmthayer@gmail.com and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

See you tomorrow!

Jonathan Thayer