10-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #550
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
It is hard to hear, but you are far from being the first person to say that. She will say things like she is "screwed either way" coming out here or not, and things along those lines, which makes me feel she isn't happy with me as a person or my actions.

I understand with her feeling I was notified, and thats good and gravy, but to blow it out of proportion, is completely childish in my eyes. Yes, she notified me of a time, but I had asked if she was ready since I hadn't heard from her, is asking for a simple yes out of line for me to expect? Say I should have been on, and leave it at that, but she will literally go on about it. Then in turn, that leads to other nonsense, and we never end up having a normal conversation. Its quite frustrating.

In the situation with your wife, how did she handle it? Was it drawn out, or do you both get over it pretty quickly?
You're right about how it's handled.

My wife shrugged it off. Just like training a dog, the correction should be in proportion to the offense. But that can be a learned trait for people in a relationship. I have certainly learned that over the years.

Until i began eating my burrito. But yeah, i brought that on myself!