10-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #548
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Sometimes it's hard to hear when already in a relationship but part of being in the right relationship is being in it with the right person. Keep in mind that if she's not right for you, then you aren't right for her.

Being polite and "doing the right thing" by proposing has ruined millions of marriages and many lives.

The skyping at 9 thing isn't all that uncommon though. As long as she can understand that you are a creature of habit and that once we have done the same thing more than a hand full of times that you assume we are going to continue doing that until otherwise notified. In her eyes, you were notified.

Same thing happened with my wife and i one night. Centered around dinner of course. We always get chipoltle on tuesday nights and i stop and pick it up on the way home. I picked it up one night and when i got home she was already making dinner. Now i mean for like 3 months, ever tuesday i picked up Chipoltle. And she saw no fault in her actions of making dinner on Tuesday night. I didn't make anything better when i opted to eat Chipoltle that night.

So, now I always text, Chipoltle? when on the way home and she responds or i don't get it.
It is hard to hear, but you are far from being the first person to say that. She will say things like she is "screwed either way" coming out here or not, and things along those lines, which makes me feel she isn't happy with me as a person or my actions.

I understand with her feeling I was notified, and thats good and gravy, but to blow it out of proportion, is completely childish in my eyes. Yes, she notified me of a time, but I had asked if she was ready since I hadn't heard from her, is asking for a simple yes out of line for me to expect? Say I should have been on, and leave it at that, but she will literally go on about it. Then in turn, that leads to other nonsense, and we never end up having a normal conversation. Its quite frustrating.

In the situation with your wife, how did she handle it? Was it drawn out, or do you both get over it pretty quickly?
Appreciate 0