04-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #21
drft92
Giggity
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92m

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
So as most of you I bought the Fabspeed HFC'c because they promised no CEL, which as most of us know - is complete bullshit since most have eventually gotten a CEL. For the most part I don't really care about the CEL cause it's very rare and random and after a couple hundred miles will clear itself.

Well today, as I was on my drive (1 hour away to dealership) today to get yearly service and inspection taken care of, the god damned HFC's decided today was a good day to set off a CEL.... Well needless to say emissions inspection failed...... The cleared the code for me, but now I have to wait some time (or however many drive cycles) to get all the sensors to pass the readiness test again so I can re-take the emissions part of my inspection.....

Talk about bad luck..... Had to happen on way to inspection appointment.
Justin sorry to hear about your bad luck man. Did you contact Fabspeed? I was one of the first people to have this system with no CEL for the first 3 months, and then, it happened. I was livid "after spending all that money I sill get a CEL this is complete bullshit." So I contacted Fabspeed, they invited me over to the shop and corrected the issue by putting a 2 1/2" O2 bunge extension that sits at a 90 degree angle in the HFC's. Since then I did not get a CEL and it's been about 8 months since I was there. I'm sure if you contact them they will ship you out the extensions at no charge and your local tech can easily install them. Fabspeed is a very reputable company, I've been dealing with them for years and can tell you one thing they will not tarnish their name over $10 O2 bunge extensions. Hope this helps you bro...GL

Ash
Appreciate 0