monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyichao View Post
Hi guys,

I had no prior track experience at all, and I'm looking forward to do lapping with my friends' cars. So is my friend who drives a E92 M3, we are both looking forward to track our cars any time soon.

What are the proper procedures from being a novice to an advance performance driver?

Do we have to take performance driving courses in order to track our cars?

We live in nassau area of LI, so we dont want to drive 200miles just to take a performance driving lesson.

Thanks in advance for any input!

-Jay
You should have posted this in the Track section of the forum so you could get better help. Read up in that section and all your answer will be addressed.

I'm assuming your a little confused about the "PROFORMANCE DRIVING COURSES" these are essentially HPDE and are TRACKDAYS.

As far as not wanting to drive 200miles to get do a trackday, POCONO Raceway is the closest track to NYC its roughly 1.5hrs from the GWB so factor how long it takes you to get to the GWB and you'll know how long it'll take you to get to Pocono Raceway, your going to have to be willing to drive in order to do some of these HPDE.

I by no means have any prior experience of track prep I just signed up for my first track day its on May15th @ Lime Rock Park in Connecticut, which it about 2.5hrs away from me. I've done many trackdays on my bikes but in the car its a different story.

at the bare minimum for a trackday you need to have a Snell/Dot approved helmet typically a "car" helmet not a motorcycle helmet. No prior experience is needed b/c there is a Beginners group and everyone goes out w/ an Instructor until they are allowed to run solo when they advance up to more experienced groups.

also join BMWCCA and check your local chapter for AutoX's and sign up for them to learn more car control...

again there are others who know more about "CAR TRACKDAYS" check the Track section and read up there....

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0