View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #42
soberin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo M3 View Post
This is going to be a tough choice for me.

I currently have an E90 M3, and I want to replace it at the end of the year.

I'm currently looking at either a used Cayman R, a new 981 Cayman S, or a used 997.2 GT3. It will be my second car, and will just be driven for fun and for the track.

The obvious choice is the GT3, but that is really stretching the budget; I'd like to keep it under $85-90k, so at the moment the 997.2 GT3 is out of budget.

Any suggestions or hints? I love the idea of a Cayman, but I fear that after being spoiled by the S65 V8, I will find the decreased straight line performance a disappointment. I'd also like something raw and uncompromised - I don't need much in the way of practicality, aside from the occasional errand on a weekend. It sounds like the new Cayman S is a bit softer and has lost its edge.
Used Cayman S or R is the way to go. Good price point, original HPS not the new electric--plus you will have so much more satisfaction with steering feedback and feel, plus the better cornering, that you will not miss the M3 V8. My 09 E90 is fully Dinan modded except for brakes, and although it's far better than stock for DD and my track days, it ain't no Cayman in terms of driver involvement.
Appreciate 0