View Single Post
      12-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
shamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3, 2017 X5M

FS: (SoCal) Yamaha YZF-R6 w/6,400 miles ($4,900 OBO)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I am selling my low mileage Yamaha R6 that I have owned for 1 year. I picked this up in New Jersey when I was living there. As far as I know, it has had one owner. I'm looking to change to a "sport touring" type bike like a Ducati Monster since I commute from Irvine to Los Angeles a few times a week.

The bike is available to view in Irvine on weekdays after 6pm and on weekends. As with most bikes, sorry, no test rides unless you have money in hand. Title is clear and paid off. Not currerntly interested in trades unless you have a very new Ducati Monster/naked bike. This is priced relatively low compared to other '05 R6s that I've seen. Higher mileage ones are going for over $5,300. Looking for a quick sale.

Detailed pictures are below. You can see there are some marks that are indicative of a drop/fall. The prior owner claimed that it fell in his backyard, but one of the marks has some "motion wear" on it (brake lever). Fortunately, the fairings have no marks on them. The bike tracks straight and the forks do not leak and are not bent.

Tires have less than 2,000 miles on them and they were never tracked/raced on. They are Michelin Pilot Power. Rears are 180/55/17. Fronts are 120/70/17.

Aftermarket:
The prior owner added some things. These include a GYTR shorty exhaust, flush turn signals, and a fender eliminator. He also changing the gearing/sprocket to a +2/-1 from what he told me. Pricing out a return-to-stock gearing appeared to be $50 or so. There are also nice frame sliders on there.

The only thing I added was a HyperPro RSC steering damper. That can be included with the bike, if the end selling price is reasonable. I also added 6000K HID headlights for the low and high beams since I rode a lot at night and visibility was greatly enhanced. Basically pure white light with a very small hint of blue.

Free Stuff:
Prior owners helmet - Size L Fulmer
HyperPro RSC steering damper (if sold for the right price). This was purchased used about 1 month ago for $200.

Maintenance:
When I received it about 2,000 miles ago, I immediately changed the oil and filter. I also replaced the spark plugs with NGK.

Pictures:

These were taken today on 12/17, so rest assured these are recent pictures. Canon 7D w/24-70mm f/2.8L.

Cluster showing current mileage.

Aftermarket tail with LED brake and turn signals.

GYTR shorty exhaust.

Flush turn signals. Not sure what brand.

Frame slider. Not sure what brand.

Tires. In very good shape. Never raced/tracked on. Michelin Pilot Power front and rear. 180 rear, 120 front.

HyperPro RSC steering damper.

Since I'm always honest with all of my sales, this is what I've noticed on the bike. As I've mentioned before, the fairings are untouched. Maybe the prior owner tipped it over without fairings? I don't know.

Right side mirror. Minor scuff marks.

Front brake lever. Seems to have been a fall there?

Right side headlight housing. The fairings are untouched around it.

Right side frame slider has barely noticeable scuff marks on the bottom part of it.

Thank you for viewing. Please let me know if you have any questions, or you require photos of any additional parts.