Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I come from a FBO 335i, I know how N54s can run

But my Z4 will stay stock. It's a short term lease that will be finish in under a year.

I was mainly comparing stock to stock, as my S65 was never really modded in terms of cooling at all.

You should track the m3, the S65 will make you forget about all the power in the n54.

I've had 135s pass me on straights, but after the 2nd corner I'm on their rear. I can't keep up with N54s on straights for the life of me (FBO ones), but they can't take corners as well. Then again, I don't know if they had coils/lsd etc like you do.. but they were FBO engine wise.

I am thinking of picking up a set of APEX + RS3s for the Z4 and taking it out during the cooler months (Nov-Feb). We'll see :P
I'm on the look out for a S2k as a dedicated track car now, so we'll see

I plan to take the Z4 to Oct 13th Big Willow if all things plan out. You should come! Would be great to meet you there
Yeah thanks I saw the Oct 13th Big Willow event ad and wish i could go but my M3 will be in peices at that point as shortly it will be going through a transformation for the Shift-S3ctor Airstrip Event.

By the way I don't know if you ran meth in your FBO n54 - it's worth 50 HP on the street but over 100 HP on the track. I have logs where meth is flowing or not flowing and boost drops to basically 14psi peak and 10psi redline on the track without meth given the high IAT's of sustained boost. With meth it hits the target of 19psi peak tapering to 16psi at redline in even the most brutally hot conditions.

Anyway I look forward to meeting you at some point as I plan on tracking the M3 by December.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0