01-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post

Mate, you're a genius. Every single time I drive my car into a parking spot I have to get out at least once to physically check the location of the kerb and other random objects. This is a great way to save time and effort.

Please let us know when your microcontroller is ready for the market. Oh and if you can also let us know where you purchased the other parts from I'd appreciate it.

*fingers crossed it works on a 135i with iDrive*
Thanks for the kind comment :-) Its been a work in progress for a while now and I didn't want to put it out until tested. The video module "VSM module" is available from Alekshop and EAS. I bought mine from Alekshop which included the front and rear cameras, but I had a custom bracket for the camera to get the right viewing angle. My module is a full production module now, I have one or two but to make it economical I'd have to do a small run. Andrew at Southern BM has one of my modules for testing. It's fully programmable with one external button to program forward and reverse times, and the button also works as a one shot timer for drive in parking

Here is a pic of mine:

http://alekshop.com/products/multime..._for_2009_bmws

Good news is that it looks like yours is covered in the Video source modules.

Feel free to PM if you need more info.
Appreciate 0