Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 IB M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow64 View Post
I have grills, gills, hood vents, ///M3 emblem, and the M5 style mirrors in gloss black on my Space Gray E90. I even replaced a pretty rough looking lower mesh grill with a new one i painted gloss black before installing it. I think it's a perfect look against the gray. The E92 is not nearly as difficult to replace the gills. Use the tape technique found in the DIY. I have pics in the cosmetic mods section.
Yes... the tape method was the easiest by far on the gills. The OEM Black Chrome matches the other side trim around the window seals perfectly. The car should have come with black chrome from the factory.
Isn't the side window trim more a gloss/piano finish? If so wouldn't the Gloss Gills match more than the black chrome? Just wondering because I m also debating between black chrome and gloss black on my IB E90. Anyone have comparison pics?
2011 E90 M3 M-Individual Fox Red/Black Two Tone Interior/Steering wheel,3D Design front lip,Type II Diffuser,IND reflectors,Cyber Scoops,Performance front grills/side grilles w/LED light, Macht Schnell Spacers, ZCP,ZCV,ZP3,6MT,Split rear seat, BMW Apps, EPS
1995 325is, 1991 735iL
Appreciate 0