09-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #33
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
i aint crap neither...my comment was just to say he's got a long way to go to replace the professional photographers with his mom's jewelry photos

i guess i was too harsh
both comments were completely different. one was an attack, the other an observation...

Any more pictures for us to review for you Silver?

Have you worked out your lighting yet?

Unfortunatly shooting in automatic mode doesn't let you choose where your camera is focusing, it thinks it knows better, so experiment lots with different focus points on your camera.

Center focus is always most acurate, however it can cause distortion if you focus on the point you want, then rotate the camera a lot to get it into the position you want, so make sure you shoot the focus point that is most appropriate. It will make a difference to your photos.

Also, try using the "rule of thirds" sometimes it feels a bit weird framing a photo that way, sometimes you'll get your best results and expression that way. (really works best with backgrounds) but when shooting your macro, you're going to be pretty centered. It all comes down to experimentation.

And like dave recommends, the best thing you can do overall, is use RAW images, you'll see how much of a difference in control over the image you will have.
Appreciate 0