KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
You're right footie, one of my tender nerves must have been exposed

Note to self: don't drink and post!

I think the M3 is a sensational car; I've posted that on the C63 forum. My expectations for it were sky-high after such a long buildup, and I am disappointed in the glitches. I just want BMW do to better, because the driving dynamics and engineering of the M3 are inspiring, and so is the engine. I sound like a moldy-fig, luddite or what have you.... and like mickb said, you hear the same stuff on Porsche boards: "Porsche has lost its way" .... I feel that way about BMW. Who really makes a pure sports sedan anymore? BMW has moved toward MB and Lexus, while Lexus and MB have moved toward BMW. I would love to see something from BMW with the M3's engine and chassis, but without all the techno-gizmos. Something that takes brilliant technology to design and build, but not to drive. Something with superior engineering, but still pure.

I still feel passionate about the BMW brand - that's why I have higher expectations of it than I do MB. Because I know it's a great company and they CAN get it right. It's just that these days, it's a numbers game and they are not a niche company by any means.

My expectations are all out of whack. It's just a car.... pass me another glass of vino.

See it's better I got the C63. Can you imagine my whining if I did have a problem with my E90M3?!? sheeez.
Agreed and fair enough!