Thread: JRZ RS
View Single Post
      06-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #28
KM3
Formerly K335i
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quick update on this. Had the suspension installed on Wednesday. We got the ride heights about where we want them, but the car will need to be corner balanced to really dial it in. Did an alignment anyway since I'll be at the track on Monday. Running -2.8 camber front and -1.8 rear, zero toe up front and 1/16" toe in at the rear. Bump and rebound are at the settings James@BW suggests for track.

My only impressions are based on my drive home from the shop - I'm travelling now and won't drive the car again until I head to the track on Monday morning. But my quick reaction is that this is a very capable setup. Even at track settings, the car is reasonably comfortable on the street. Definitely stiff, but handles big bumps and road imperfections with no drama - absorbs the shock and is ready for the next one. Drove a couple of familiar highway exchanges and was very impressed with how planted and level the car stays. There's no brake dive. Steering inputs feel much sharper. I'll be playing with settings at the track on Monday and see how things go.

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling

Last edited by KM3; 06-08-2012 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0