View Single Post
      08-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #104
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
I prefer the e60 M5's styling over anything offered by MBZ. I'm glad a lot of the styling ques from the M5 carried over to the M3. Love it! The C63 is a clown, trying too hard to look like a DTM car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
I'm a great fan of BMW and have owned many in my lifetime. However, I feel that the current BMWs do look sorta fat. Like the Michelin Man, or Pillsbury Dough Boy.

I shopped the M5 before getting my E63 AMG, and the side view just looks a bit porky. I hope they change it eventually. fwiw, I liked the M5 but chose the E63 because I admit I wanted comfort and power.

The M5 was too stiff and I just couldn't quite cruise with it comfortably over a long time like the E63. And both are way too big and heavy for real canyon carving. The AMG tuned AirMatic suspension is perfect for me with its adjustable settings yet still tight. And anyway, I have the Porsche for the canyons and a stiff super precise ride.

Anyway, I find the new BMWs kinda bulbous looking. But I'm looking forward to the F10 with high hopes.

Appreciate 0