05-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #71
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTek View Post
Love the color. Looks similar to Laguna Seca Blue.

Enjoy the ride!
I'll be setting up a LSB/MCB/SB comparo shots when the car arrives

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Love the color. Every time I see one of these Euro delivery posts I get more envious
Means you need to do it...honestly, if you did it on a 328 stripper, your lease would be like $300/month, you could experience ED/Europe and then lease trade the car easily once it returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comar1979 View Post
really a nice Car You miss a 1Addict @ the Ring... The orange 1M is from a US Forum Member

Greetz from Munich

Marco
uhg I missed so many bimmerpost members while I was there! We saw a TON of 1Ms, I would say there were as many 1Ms there as M3s, very impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo88 View Post
GREAT car! That color is wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Nice picts and great looking car. Every time I see a car like this I wish I got a more unique color.
Have you considered wrapping your car? Otherwise, doing an individual order is pretty easy...just have to be ready for that $5000 paint premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbmwcy View Post
I dont get it.

IMO

The new F30 M3 is almost out and the F32 M4 is on its way and you still go and buy an E92 M3?

Ok I know its V8 its NA and its Individual (the best color), but to me it makes more sense to get a lightly used E92 M3 and wait a little for the F30 F32 version for a EURO Delivery.
Besides a lot of the enthusiasts on this forum your opinion is shared by the majority of BMW's consumer base. For this reason, between all the incentives and dealing I was able to get the car for $2000 under ED invoice (because its an outgoing model)! What the enthusiast values about this car is that the S65 V8 Motor was designed specifically for the E9X chassis. The chassis and the engine complement each other which is a benchmark of ///M design. With the F30 and other late M models the engine is a tuned version of the mass production motors which are more generic and can be found in multiple chassis's. The 2013 M3 is the absolute last model produced by BMW that maintains the ///M heritage and for this reason it is invaluable to me and other E9X M3 owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
Oh hell no. He get a brand new car for him in his exact color and specs. ED pickup. What's not to like. He gets to drive a new car that he know hasn't need used and abused by some gomer who does not know how to drive a stick.

He doesn't have to buy the first generation of m4. No thanks to miscellaneous problems. Look at the f30 stuff going on for a taste. If that car has waste gate and hpfp issues its gonna be a sad joke. And don't get me started on the crappy sound so far.

Op, congrats on the new car. You got the last of the v8s. Sweet set up and the most beautiful color.
If I end up liking the new M3/4 then I will wait a couple years into production to get one for the above stated reasons, until then I'll enjoy my E92!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Awesome color, Coating those wheels gloss black makes it pop even more. Congats!
Matte Black GTS Rims is the plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timore View Post
My lifelong dream! Hopefully I can make it come true someday. An m4 ED sounds pretty good to me
You wont regret it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-thumper View Post
There is a saying in aviation: "never fly an alpha model anything". The anything referring to a type of plane and the alpha meaning the first iteration of a new type.

My E46 M3 was an '05 (2nd to last year of production) and my new E92 will be the last year of production. Not only that, but I've had several other non-BMWs over the years that were late production and they definitely had a lower rate of defect than the cars I've purchased earlier in the lifecycle.
The first F10 M5 owners sure had a ringing with that oil issue. They had to park their car wherever they were driving it and have it towed in...that is if their motor didn't already blow up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcheng View Post
thanks for posting!
My Pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
Beautiful car! Congratulations!
llis you are definitely part of the influence for me to get a 6MT single hump dash M3!

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0