06-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #52
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
A road trip in my M3 that rendered great memories

I just completed a fabulous road trip with a good friend of mine from out west. We planned this trip for over a year and now at we are both retired took on this task. My friend likes to rebuild cars and owns among other fine American Muscle Cars 2 fine Corvettes. Needless to say our main destination was The Corvette Factory and Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

For the Factory tour we signed up for the VIP tour and meet up with 2 fine Americans (Father and Son). The son just returned from active duty in Afghanistan, his highpoint was when our tour guide arranged for him to start one of the brand spanking new Corvettes on the assembly line (just before the Corvette employee drove the same car into the DYNO for the final test.

I like to share with fellow members the experience by posting the link to my photographs here. Please forgive some of the poor quality, I am not by no means a qualified photographer. I find my iPhone takes better pictures then the two other cameras I own.

At the start of our trip we made a stop at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan on our return back to Canada we attended the Fleetwood Country Cruise-In here in Southwestern Ontario Canada. It goes without saying I highly recommend any of the aforementioned events.

Here are the links to my photo albums for the above events;

Henry Ford Museum ---> Click To Open

Corvette Museum (Camera is not allowed in the factory) ---> Click to Open

Fleetwood Country Cruise-In ---> Click To Open

Enjoy ... perhaps you spot your favorite car of the past.

Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Note to Moderator, please move this should I have posted it in the incorrect forum area.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-11-2012 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0