01-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #253
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPoweredAuto View Post
Hello all,

I want to say first and foremost thank you for awaiting my response to all questions/allegations etc.

Andrew @ Active- I respect your jumping into this fight for your company when you had nothing to do wih ANY of it when it occurred. I guess the truth is there are only a select few people who know exactly what transpired during this event on the side of AA. Unfortunately the people I dealt with on a weekly basis are no longer there, and I would not ask them to chime in on my behalf, so as not to burn their own bridges with AA. However, if for some reason they read this thread and want to give their unbiased side of the story while working at Active, I could only be happy, because they know the truth. Andrew, I don't believe we have ever had the pleasure to meet, but I spent a good amount of time with the designer of the s/c kit, Scrappy and have nothing but praises for him, his work ethic, and his talent. I always had nothing but respect for Active Autowerke, until everything happened and I was asked to please keep quiet. I was fully prepared to push your s/c kits on my customers and had several interested in pulling the trigger, until they saw what happened to my car and backed out. I invested a large portion of time and money to come down to Miami and bring 3 of my employees for 3 days while this kit was installed on our M3, in an effort to build a strong business relationship with AA. I even recently installed this same kit on a customers car, and warned him of possible issues.

This car had your performance software on it before the s/c was added, which based on what employees at AA and your website indicate, raised the RPM limiter. A "money shift" would bend valves and do damage to the head. There were no bent valves in this engine after disassembly, and as stated before- I have NEVER "money shifted" a car.

Andrew, are you saying that the RPM reading of 8705 was recorded in the shadow memory or are you calculating top speed to RPM's?
As for it being my idea to revert back to stock and take to BMW, you can rest assured I came to AA for help first. It was an owner at AA who said to me it wasn't their fault but sounds like a defect and they would suggest putting back to stock and taking to BMW. He knew that was not the right thing to do when suggesting it. I hate that you are being thrown into this, and I know you have an obligation to dispute everything I say because your boss is trying to protect AA's name and reputation, which I feel lately was built up a lot by it's sales staff-2 people in mind.

Now for the other questions,

Mike- yes I would entertain you pulling data from the car and posting up. I guarantee that an RPM of 8705 was not recorded at time/date of the incident. I also assure you that I was well under 100mph when this occurrd and if you can show that to everyone I would appreciate it.

Dishonest you say? The ONLY thing I was not 100% about was not telling BMW of prior mods. That's it. Period. End of discussion. Read reviews on my website, which should help build my character to strangers. I am not lying to anyone on this forum about my occurrence, and I am sure if the people involved came forward to vouch on my behalf it would prove that. However, I don't want any bridges burned on their end with AA because I feel it is not my place to drag others into this and harm relationships of theirs.

Mike- please email me so that I may get data sent to you. Mpoweredauto@yahoo.com

And for the record, I never modified the kit in any way, software or hardware.

And like I have stated from the very beginning, I am not talking poorly of AA as a whole, but a company is run by individuals. I will not be doing business with them or pushing their products anymore based off my personal experiences now. It is Unfortunate to say the least because I feel they do have a strong product line. It would be reassuring to know their warranty is good from preventing engines to blow as well. I guarantee I wouldn't have purchased a kit of this price had I thought it would make my engine fail in less than 30,000 miles.

I appreciate everyone's comments, questions, etc. And will do my best to answer any and all, but I am not glued to a computer 24/7 so it can take a little bit for me to read through and get responses, but I will do my best.
I find this interesting, so you guys are still doing business even with all these bad blood? And by doing business, I mean for you to be a distributor for AA and making money off their kits.
Appreciate 0