10-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
If I had that level of axial runout, I'd take the rotors off, polish up the mounting flanges and then remeasure them. The excess is very small and a little rust or even anti-seize compound between the faces would cause it.

However, I'd definitely measure the radial runout as well. Instead of measuring the face of the rotor, measure the outside edge to see if the rotor is off-center on the hub.

Yes, in fact I actually did all that. Cleaned the surfaces with embry paper per AP UK's tech directions, ran both the radial and the axial run-out. Only the surface run-out was out on both a bit. I also took the rotors off before hand, cleaned all rust and anti-seize compount off, etc. Talked to Stilen today and they agree that although a small amount out from the max, it's most likely the front rotors, in fact they said it'll get worse, which it has since about May when I noticed the vibe at braking. Got two new ones in the mail. More to report when I get it all together and on the road again. Hopefully this will not be a waste of $$$!
Appreciate 0