View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #178
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Braille didn't designed their batery to be CA certified nor do they plan on doing that.

We don't know the exact amp draw when all modules are in the sleep mode. We will need to get a car in with CA to validate the current draw.

Note: Unless your daily commute is 20-30 minutes or longer on the highway, don't expect your battery to be at 100% charge. A 135i that was just at my shop with an oem battery driven from SF to SB, 70% charge! My personal 335i with the Braille 15 lb battery sitting for 2 weeks, 60% charge. The only way to get close to 100% charge is to charge it with a smart battery charger, then do your test.
I know this post is from 09, but I've seen it repeted a few times; CA should not draw when in sleep mode. Only things that need date and time like the radio should draw at all. I think the max draw should be around 20 milli amps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0