10-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #11
tszene
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack211 View Post
Yes, I ran completely stock. I am pretty sure it is a warped rotor, the breaking is very very bad. My main concern is if I can get this covered under warranty or if I am going to just go with a Brembo setup.
in case the problem doesn't go away and you have to take it back to bmw, make sure you have nothing left in/on the car that can tell that you took it to the track.
i picked up mine in march i went to Watkins Glen for two days. being my first track event my braking technique wasn't refined to say the least, and i warped my front rotors. I took it back to bmw and i by mistake i left the flyer from the track in my glovebox. Sure enough they didn't cover the rotor replacement since the "manual clearly states that in case of track use the engine/body components may wear more extensive and will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty." they charged me $1000. to replace the rotors and the pads.
a week after that i got my Brembo Gt kit, and since then i had the pleasure to spend 14 days on different tracks. Rotors held up without any problem. I had to replace the front pads once, but that's because they are street pads.
Appreciate 0