08-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #53
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
and the same mods to the GTR or 911t will produce much better results for the same mods as the m3. You get much more out of a tune or downpipe on a turbo car than a NA car
For sure but that's not really the point. The M3 needs to be modded to keep up - no one's doubting that. But assuming a person has say $100K to spend in total, what could that get you?

For that amount of $$$, you could get a new GTR, a used 911T, or you could have a new M3 with mods: an intercooled S/C, titanium exhaust, BBK, coils, tires for the same price (actually less).

The M3 will be fastest in a roll race. From a dead stop the M3 will be playing catch-up and perhaps it's all even by the end of the quarter mile. At the track who knows...the M3 has stepped it up with coils/brakes/tires but the stock GTR and 911T are formidable and which one is faster really depends on the particular track and driver competency. My guess is that for a novice, the GTR and 911T will be faster given the grip levels.

All three cars will be tons of fun.

Sure with unlimited $$$ you could make the 911T and GTR way faster. But that's not really what the OP was after.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0