Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
LOL. He got all defensive.
LOL not at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
I dont know what Gintani stroke there motors to but there are a couple of cars on here that got a rebuilt motor stg3 by Gintani and may be they can say a couple of things here.with that being said,The only company that's been able to make it work so far is ESS. ESS took PencilGeek's RD Sport RS46 stroker, and supercharged it. Then PG took it to the Mojave Mile and Texas Mile and hit 186 MPH with a 6MT and factory street tires.

The best advice I can give you is to do your homework. Ask to see proof and don't take anybody's word for it. If they can't show you independent dyno charts, vBox results, 1/4 mile results, etc., then all the talk is nothing but hot air. One company has already spent 1.5 years trying developing a 4.2L stage-3 supercharged motor, and has yet to show any performance results such as dynos, vBox, 1/4 mile, or mile. ESS is doing a stage-3 motor on DLSJ5's car right now. It should be done in a few weeks. Do your homework and you'll come up with the right answers.
Sound like we have similar talk on the Audi side with some of the after market vendor mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
BTW,beautiful car and like your wheels.Awesome Dog too.............i think he likes the car too and wants to go for a ride
oh he drove in it all the time, that why I have dogs seat cover for the dogs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosna View Post
Gintani has a pretty bad rep, overall. If I were going for a stroker, I would definitely go for Dinan, which is proven for reliability as well as customer service.
no comments here since I am new to Bimmer mod Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
because it says you drive "none"
that's why
sorry, did not realized that what it say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Oh and I'm sure it will run just perfectly (sarcasm)

If you need a 4.6 engine, why on Earth would you ever go anywhere other than Dinan?
because I want do engine build and super charge it, but sound like it may have tons of problems where I still know nothing about this platform... It took me quite a bit to learn about stuff on my Audi S4, and I fix everything on that car myself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
You get what you pay for. Pay-up for quality, reliability and a proven track record (Dinan). Or pay-down for trips back to the shop and propaganda (Gintani).

The OP inquired about a 4.6, not a SC.
both build and SC
Appreciate 0