View Single Post
      08-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Didn't need concealed carry on that one. He could have it in the car, so long as it's unloaded and separated. And just think, if that were law, now you got six drunk assholes with guns that you don't know about. Now he gets out of his car and HE'S the dead one. Not saying I'm for or against, just food for thought.
I agree with the first sentence.

As far as the second sentence goes, in Indiana, if you have a LTCH, you can carry the gun loaded on your person, in the glove box, under the seat, etc. Indiana allows for both CC (concealed carry) and OC (open carry, which can attract a whole hell of a lot of attention). IMHO, you should only pull when you are confronted with a situation where you believe your life is in jeopardy, and if you draw, be ready to shoot and don't just do it for intimidation.

Drawing your weapon for mere intimidation purposes can be a felony offense.

However, oftentimes if a bad guy approaches you with a knife demanding your wallet, and you pull out a gun instead, he will usually turn tail and get the hell out of there, ending the threat.

As far as the drunk assholes with guns go, anyone with common sense (which those guys in the video clearly lack), would NEVER carry on a night where they would be drinking. Many bars don't allow firearms to be carried inside them and if bar employees notice you're carrying, they will ask you to leave (and if you didn't abide, you'd be arrested for trespassing).
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0