Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
The engine is good? IMO the engine is simply fantastic -- and one that has won International Engine of the Year in it's class (3.0 - 4.0 litre) every year since it debuted in 2008.

Just bought my '09 with 14k miles and the car doesn't have a single rattle. I know some do as I have read about it here but don't make a blanket statement that they all have countless rattles. They don't. Shit, my 997S had four rattles going on at one time (two in the dash, one seatback and one door panel) but I'm not about to make a blanket statement that they all do it for any excuse.

The DCT in my '09 performs flawlessly....and considerably better than the SMG in my former E60M5 and just as good (if not better) than the PDK in my buddy's 997.2S.

I'm in no way shape or form a fanboi. I think my signature will tell you that right away. But, I am simply amazed at how fantastic this car is. There is not a better performance minded daily driver out there.

The term legendary is so subjective.
We're not talking about competence here. The subject is whether or not the car is legendary. I wrote in another thread about how this is the perfect car for me. I'm on my second e90 after my favorite car (e46 M3). The car is competent; very competent. Awesome? Yes. Legendary? No.

911 Turbo: Legendary
Countach: Legendary
VW Beetle: Legendary
Toyota 4wd truck: Legendary

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0