View Single Post
      09-07-2020, 07:59 PM   #52
IamFODI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

'08 6MT with 110k miles here. Bought almost 2 years ago with 80k. Daily-driven year-round since then. ICV and at least one throttle actuator were replaced by the PO, though that was a while back by now.

Always felt it took slightly too many cranks on a cold start, but not by much. Since the COVID lockdown I've been driving much less, and the car has been taking a lot longer to crank on a cold start. Warm/hot starts have been fine. Replacing spark plugs (and engine air filter) made zero difference.

Battery is several years old by now, but I'm not sure whether to suspect it because it behaves exactly the same after sitting at full charge on a battery maintainer until 1-2 minutes before starting.

Recently got codes for catalyst efficiency. They didn't come back after a reset, but who knows...

Sometimes the engine feels slightly rough when I gently raise the RPM from idle in neutral, like it's not entirely comfortable sitting at low RPM and low throttle. Can't remember noticing that before. It's not horrible but I don't know if that's normal.

I like alfalfa's hypothesis -- as in, I want to believe it even though I don't think it explains this issue. Hopefully someone informed can weigh in.
Appreciate 0