View Single Post
      09-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #38
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Spark plugs

I swapped out my spark plugs this weekend. Not too bad. I followed the DIY here on the forums and had the coil pack remover tool that was sold on here in other forums which is a must for install. It was slightly more difficult to get to some of the plugs due to the supercharger components (bypass valve tubing, coolant hoses, etc). To get to the passenger rear spark plug, take all of the panels off down to the ECU cover and remove the rubber housing for the forward wiring harness. Then you have a straight shot to use a 10" extension. Tape your spark plug socket to the extension elbow so you don't lose it down in the spark plug hole.

The spark plugs are a little over 10k miles old. In those 10k miles about 2.5k were on the Vishnu with meth tune, 2.5k were on BPM Sport tune, and the last 5k were on the VF supercharger tune. Those 10k miles include about 5 autocross events and a trip to Vegas with a track day. I replaced the spark plugs with the Amazon version of the BMW spark plugs NGK Laser Platinum LKR8AP stock no. 4471 (considerable price difference and they are the exact same spark plugs).
Attached Images