The General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2011.5 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Piotr View Post
Hi General,
yes I did. Dave was personally involved in this process. It took us 9 months from the time I approached him about it. BMW Military Sales in Munich kept denying it, saying they don't do individual and never will. I kept pushing and so did David. They made a one time trial exception and said they will never do it again. I originally requested Frozen Black with black extended and red stitching and for some reason BMW kept denying it saying they won't do it (I know now why - the 20 US special editions are the reason). Then finally Military Sales in Munich got the approval from BMW NA that they can do one time Frozen Black US spec sedan. At least this is what I was told.

Then I met Christina Fleischer at the M Fest in Nurburging and she said she was the one that OK'd it but either the interior with red stitching or the Frozen Black exterior, but not both. Reason was it would make the 20 special editions not special since that would make it 21 (Frozen Black with black leather/red stitchin/black GTS wheels and black accents) Thank you Christina. I picked the paint.
Very nice

Glad to see another M flight member with another 1 of a kind. You and Dave need to do a shoot together! If I was still there I would definitely have liked to shoot both the cars together for free. Enjoy it over there, I know I miss Germany every day.

Andrew

2018 M3CS
Appreciate 0