03-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #17
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleckzandr View Post
I hope everyone had fun today. I'm waiting on tires from Tire Rack or I would have gone. There were a few people from the RMC BMWCCA forum who wrote they were going. ('Andy' in a black '88 e28 M5 whom I met at last year's BMWCCA Pueblo DS said he was going.) I'm hoping the weather will cooperate on March 18th. I'm up in the air with doing the NASA event on the 19th. (No idea if it's filled up already.)

Edit: BTW, looks like March is end of winter pricing.
http://www.highplainsraceway.com/events.html
It was a great day. A little on the chilly side, but nothing a little heated seat couldn't cure! We had a solid BMW contingent out: 2 E90 M3s, 2 E46 M3s, Andy's E28 M5 and at least 6 E36 M3s. The first couple of sessions were head scratchers ("where am I?" ... "where do I brake?"... "what's my name again?!?") But that's what lapping days are for. With only about 20 cars signed up, it was a nice way to ease back onto the track.

FYI, NASA has the weekend of 3/26-27 booked with HPR as a back-up in case the 19-20 weekend is snowed out.
Appreciate 0