03-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #117
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Because suddenly two units are acting up the same, I would like to disable all that it can be disabled to see if it make any difference. This is the very first LC2i negative issue that I have experienced in the 18 months or so of selling them with the harness.

Either a MS-8 (factory warranty is a must) or a bit one.1 would work nicely with external amps with your EPS. The customer with the HD amps in the HiFi coding link ended up getting a MS-8 to tie all the amps together and have better control and tuning of all the 18 speakers (16 EPS and the 2 13" subs).

Again, try the new LC2i and see what happens first, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
All depends of what you want. Coding is much more expensive and complicated than just adding the sub just because of the expense of getting the 8-channels of amplification and the DSP and then the install of all that. The benefit is better sound and control once you go analog. It is 100% reversible back to OEM.

I do not have the tools to remote code, but Mike Benvo and BimmerTech do.
Ok, tomorrow I will change the jumper on the LC2i that's currently in the car.

I will check pricing of the necessary parts and see if it's something I wanna delve into.

As of right now though, I changed the RCAs to the Bass Output and turned the knob to half way. The amp gain is around 1/4-1/2 iirc. This is just to get the sound I desire at the volume I want. These settings are higher than they were before my problems originally started (I had the XD600 and have since switched to the HD750). I am on the second LC2i. Still waiting on Musicar to get me a tracking number on the third LC2i that's supposedly on the way.
Appreciate 0