View Single Post
      01-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
DylanMckay
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Valvetronic used to have inability to operate at super high rpms but it has signifigantly improved and is on the M5 with 7200 rpms. Not saying it would work at 8400 but I am sure they could make it work.

Maybe none of this is possible but sure would be nice to see the s65 evolve and get even better or it would have been SO exciting to see what bmw could have done with a new v8 for the m3 for the f30 with all the technology they have discovered since back in 04 when they designed the s65. I am talking if they stuck to naturally aspirated.

Could have been a beautiful 4.4L v8 with 8800 redline, direct injection, valetronic possibley for even better throttle response and broader torque curve. Could have easily made a nice 460hp and 340 foot pounds which IMO would be absolutely perfect. So sad to know there will never be any further M production high-revving engines. I just love the engineering precision and progression of each of the M engines thus far and its always been exciting to see the next M engine and how they squeezed more power out of it. Now it is not exciting because all they do is slap a turbo or 3 on their and power is unlimited. They are surely all nice engines but it was fun to see them really have to get creative to squeeze out more power each generation.

If we ever want a high revving NA V8 unfortunately the price of admission will be a ferrari. Can't think of anyone else even offering a high revving v8. Porsche is nice if you want a flat 6 which you cannot complain about the numbers they make but not quite like a screamin V8!
Appreciate 0