View Single Post
      01-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
DylanMckay
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Hmm did a bit of searching and seems like quite a few people have implemented these as an aftermarket product on other engines. Wonder if one of the more reputable tuners would be interested or willing to give this a shot. Would reasonably be good for 20hp I would think at least. Probably more with the right tuning. It could be relatively easy to swap by switching manifolds so easy to change back and forth.

Would be nice with 3 runners for 1k-3k-4-6.5 and 6.5-8.4.

I would volunteer to be the lab rat for this!

Another cool project that would be a first for this car would be a variable length exhaust project like some aston's use. Two sets of exhaust pipes of different geometry/diameter for lower-mid rpms and higher rpms. Would add a bit of weight but would be really sick benefits and also good for probably a really nice bump in mid-range since the current exhaust is maximized for top end power and is a larger diameter than what would be optimal for low to mid-range power.

I wish some tuners would step outside the box and produce some products like this thata would truly be unique. So many exhausts on the market all pretty much the same. Tunes all pretty much the same etc.

Many want to keep their engines NA and do not want to go supercharger so having some decent power gain mods without deleting cats or supercharging would be a big market IMO
Appreciate 0