View Single Post
      03-12-2010, 02:04 AM   #9
akina335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

i'll try to explain it the best i can. the sprint booster basically cuts down the reaction time from the throttle pedal input to the actual throttle bodies opening up. kind of like how the car would be if it weren't drive-by-wire. there is some lag from that initial throttle input to when the engine actually responds to this input. without it, even with the sport button on there was still significant initial throttle response lag. i rarely find the need to use the sport button anymore since i got it.

it helps considerably (for me at least) for my everyday driving. being that i have a 6MT, i found it difficult to properly modulate the throttle like i would on a cable-actuated car because the throttle wasn't responding to my pedal input fast enough. i kind of want to say it's almost like the CDV on a manual transmission car. doesn't matter how fast you let out the clutch there's still going to be a restriction. think of the sprint booster as a CDV delete for your gas pedal?

bimmerworld has free shipping on this thing and on top of that they have a 30 day money back guarantee. i don't work for bimmerworld or anything. i just like the product and i think any drive-by-wire bmw should be like this from the factory. sorry for the long post and my lack of clearly explaining the product. turner and bimmerworld are two sites i know that carry it, they have pictures and descriptions there that you guys can check out.