01-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #33
Gary_C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Anything with Brembo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
Gary

Thanks for this. I follow the exact procedure you have listed above.

The bit I have found the most fiddly though is re-inserting the pads, pins and spring plate. COuld you tell me how you do this?

i.e. do you try to reassemble all of the above while the caliper is off the rotor, or just loose fit the pads, try to re-position the calliper on the rotor, and only then insert the spring plate and pins? I have found the pressure of the spring plate makes the forward most pin kinda hard to locate while the caliper is off the rotor, and while its on I can't seem to get the pad holes to line up right.

I am sure this will be answered in the video though

Mick
Hey Mick,

Here's a portion of that video clip I promised.

Replacing Brembo Pads - 6piston Monobloc

It's incomplete right now, just the video and caption portion without audio.
The audio file will be added soon, but I figured you'd be able to make use of what I have so far since you have already done the swap yourself a couple times.

The key is in the pattern for removing the pins, and how to manage around the spring plate. It's obviously easier on a table vs. on the car, but when I timed myself on the car it only added a minute and a half or so.

This week, I'll shoot a clip of the install on a car, in REAL TIME, no editing. One shot from start to finish.

Hope this helps!

Gary - - - -

Last edited by Gary_C; 02-25-2009 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 0