07-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #32
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I have the exact opposite experience with my Bold 9700 (9650 is not the latest Bold). The optical scroll wheel is much improved over the old ball style one. It's by far less sluggish than my iphone was or my droid is, and my droid is only 3 months old or so. My iphone would take forever to switch screens, and the droid is better but the lag is still apparent. With my BB it's near instantaneous, no perception of "waiting" for the phone to catch up. Maybe you have too much running in the background, just for the hell of it I do a hard battery pull probably once a week and this seems to keep it running pretty good, though it does take too long to start up IMO.

Additionally, I leave my wifi on all day and can easily get over 24hrs of battery with a few hours of talk time and a lot of emailing/texting. My droid is the exact opposite. Maybe you should replace the battery?
Yeah I used the older Bold with the scroll ball for a short while, the touch one on mine is far better. Still doesn't change the fact my phone is sluggish. It feels like it needs more memory for the OS.

I'm on Sprint, connected to email via MS Exchange, that's all I have running. I don't use any apps.

I'll try that hard reset ... never done that.