View Single Post
      01-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #36
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

As much as feel things like this should not happen and these two are probably being singled out as examples. However, this is what happen when people thumb their noses at the government and processes. However the government has not made it easy or accessible for people to come to the US and be a citizen, nor have they allows individuals who want to come and labor in the US to come and go on work visa's

With that said I have no real sympathy for these people, I recently research my own grand parents entrance into the US back in the early 1900's. My grand dad came here first and had to go through Ellis Island and that process some times took days or weeks depending on the person and their particular situation. Also it required you to have a means to earn a living and such and a place to go. Granted, it was not perfect but it gave people a means to coming to the US and the US a ways determine who this person was. After he was able to establish himself and get a job he sent back for my grandmother and aunt and they two had to go through the same process.

As being a second generation citizen and coming from a family of common means, I can appreciate everything I have and would never deny anyone the same, however, so many of these people have illegally entered and a number of them are only here to take advantage of the US and give nothing back, and now the US is sending a clear message to these people. Keep in mind the US many times has offer these people amnesty if they came clean, most of them never did since they lack trust in the government and they had other things to hid so now they are stuck between the boarder fence and the government.

Last edited by Maestro; 01-03-2011 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0