pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Watched it last night at the gym. It was mildly interesting.

I'm just glad it wasn't a typical DRIVE video where 95% of it is just them powersliding and overusing superlatives like "fantastic" and "brilliant". I can hardly watch their stuff anymore.
Drive caters to many tastes. As far as power slides aka drifting and such, I believe you are alluding to Chris Harris---they allow him to do what he wants and have fun. When he truly evaluates a car, like the new GT3, he is analytical, and gives an honest assessment. And so is Steve on Autocar. It's different than the American bench racing videos---by the numbers. Sure numbers count, but what about the way they feel.

And that's why I like Drive, it's different and allows the reviewer to have fun.
Do you think that Lister would have let Chris Harris co-drive the Lister Jag if he was only about power slides? No, they wouldn't. Or Mclaren and their GT 12C? No They wouldn't.
Yeah. Basically these are tests of what the car can do beyond its limits. But chris harris and his drive network have inside access to interesting things (things big networks cant put that much time and effort into)Multi episodes of koeniggseg, bentley, morgan, aston martin; driving a full electric race car, racing in the lister, driving the bmw dtm car, etc.

Heck, hes doing such a good job that ferrari (once banned chris harris) gave him an ff with multiple sets of extra tires to do his thing.
Appreciate 0