devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
devo,

We all know you are a Porsche fan but how can you deny all the evidence showing the GTR to be much quicker by independent sources, not associated with manufacturers or as in this latest revelation another manufacturer's claims.

Did you see the Autocar video over the mountain in the Isle Of Man, it beat all others (including the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560) and yet had it's top speed limited to 112mph, the Gallardo hit a peak of 130mph. Watch the video.

In the sections where outright speed wasn't an issue the GTR destroyed the others. Porsche should have fought fire with more fire power, instead of resorting to dirty tricks.

Where have I denied any evidence? I never stated that the GTR wasn't a force to be reckoned with. But, Nissan shouldn't be caught with their hand in the cookie jar and Porsche shouldn 't be caught with their pants down.

You're right Porsche should be fighting with more power. And, you're also right that the GTR has beaten the turbo on a road course in many independent tests. My contention with Nissan is that they claim the GTR to much better at the Ring than it really is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Like I previously posted, Nissan built an excellent car. Hopefully, it will up the ante for all sports cars manufacturers, especially Porsche considering how much they charge for their cars.

And, you're also right about me loving Porsches, but that doesn't mean that I don't respect the GTR.

I also believe that part of the reason that much heavier GTR is better at the track is because it is obviously more track oriented than the Porsche (PAG definately softened the turbo too much for the sake of those fat rich guys who care more about the sticker than the drive.), has a dual clutch gearbox and quite possibly a better AWD system. The former two can be quelled very easily, but the third is shame on Porsche.

Last edited by devo; 10-02-2008 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0