Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooper View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm quite a bit concerned that PIPA/SOPA stands a good chance of getting passed which, even though I'm not a US citizen, I think has a very real chance of changing the internet landscape for the worse, if not more than just that.

Could be that I'm overly paranoid, in which case I appreciate the thoughtful responses here even more.

Anyways, I guess we'll probably find out how all this is going to play out in the next couple of days (I understand some websites are planning complete blackouts on certain dates to oppose it).
Fetching the popcorn as we speak.
If it is any cosolation, most controversial bills are not voted on during an election year. As we get closer to November, this becomes even more true.

IMO, I think the uprising over this bill in particular is enough for several members to question whether or not taking up such an issue is prudent when they are trying to get reelected. And if they don't take it up this session, they'll have to take up at the beginning of the next session (the 113th Congress) which, could have an entirely different make up, with all kinds of additional dynamics.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but at this point I think it is an uphill battle.
Appreciate 0