09-13-2009, 02:47 AM   #56
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
There is a sticky thread on this, so I merged your question into that thread. The first part of your question has been discussed here. As to wear on the brake system, you'll get more additional wear on the brake system to the extent that it is intervening. So, instead of your foot doing the braking, the computer is doing it. And, you do get uneven (and possibly more) pad wear (and you can say rotor and caliper wear) as a result. One can speculate that you would run higher rotor/pad temperatures as well. I don't know the specifics of how the computer executes MDM braking and if there are additional mechanicms that see use when MDM kick in that are not normally used.
Well it is only my theory. Because of the track day, I drove the car for a couple of days and left for business trip 4 days later. My entire DSC ECU was gone. I could drive the car but I lost some power, the car just doesn't to be as fast as it should be. The dealer in Taiwan is getting me a new ECU but I am always under the impression that the DSC usually don't brake down. So I came to the conclusion of using the MDM too much and somehow shorted out the DSC ECU unit.

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0