04-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #56
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I thought Swamp had done additional regression analysis for stock GTRs in other curcuits. The question is not if the GTR would be better or not in the hp/lb regression, but to what extent it would be better. Does it still stick out in this manner? Did Swamp run that analysis, and what were the outcomes? (We'll let Swamp address that).
I have all of the regression analysis on my home computer so will have to wait to see if swamp did indeed include data for other tracks. But my point is that the ring because of all the things I mentioned previously can throw up irregularities that seriously effect the data you get (i.e. shit data in means shit data out). If the regression from a number of tracks other than the ring show consistency with all of the cars including the GTR and that the GTR consistently out performs it hp/lb ratio then one must conclude that it's setup/chassis for want of a better word is better than all of the others, which has always been my opinion based on the amount of times I have seen where it has been compared to it's rivals and almost always out performed them around the track.

But all of this arguing back and fore doesn't change the fact that Nissan has invited both the press and Porsche to witness these latest attempts to better it's previous time which I might add it has. Now unless David Blaine is in their employment at the moment I can't see how they will be able to fool the press never mind Porsche this time round.
Appreciate 0