View Single Post
      01-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HREM3 View Post
I agree with your opinion to go for the 997 Turbo.
However this will still be my only car, so with that being said I need boot space for shopping bags, overnight bags, golf clubs etc.
Understood. I tried to make my former 996 Turbo and 997S my daily driver and I just couldn't get it to work. Not enough space. Would love to have one as a weekend/one day a week toy. I just get bored with driving mundane cars as my DD. Tried it with my former Grand Sport where I would drive my 4Runner as my DD. Lasted about 9 months...sold the Grand Sport and got the M3. 4Runner gets driven about 3k miles/year now and serves the purpose for why I bought it -- haul the dog, crappy weather and Home Depot trips.

I actually had a co-worker say to me "it's about time for you to get another car isn't it?"..... To his defense, I have gone through an assload of cars over the past five years....but I told him "you know what, I think for once I have a car that does precisely what I have been looking for -- and that is great DD ability with performance".

The ESS would give you a beast while maintaining great utility and not affect DD ability.
Appreciate 0