View Single Post
      08-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #44
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

2 Duvels and I'm asleep. LOL.

Got my first ID when I was 14, in Times Square, at a 'Novelty Shop'. 'Univesity of Connecticut' typed, with a typewriter, on the front. I became a regular at this convenience store a mile from my home, after using the ID once there. I bought cases of beer there every weekend. When I wanted liquor, I went to a seedy area of a nearby town, and found a liquor store that didn't card. None of my friends had ID, so I never used it for clubs. When I went to college, there was never a need for an ID; we never went to bars in college, usually hanging at an apartment or fraternity party.

Clubs are wayyyyyyyyyy overrated, in hindsight, unless you just want to go dance. I preferred to hang with friends, where you can talk and hear. Now when I go out, it's to hear live music. Clubs are for 'hooking up', getting laid; I was never really into that - I always had steady girlfriends.

If you really want a fake ID, and want to risk getting arrested, make one yourself. Just like detailing your car, nobody will do as good a job as you. A popular method was to make a poster-sized driver's license, and then put your face in the cut-out corner, and take a photograph. Should be a lot easier with Photoshop. Buy your own laminating machine, or get a friend to do it at a store (Kinko's, etc.). The embossing on the laminate would be a good challenge...make a stamp and buy some glow-in-the-dark paint? I don't know what other states' licenses look like, but if you're motivated you could do a good job. But again, IMO, not worth the risk. Passport might be a more exciting challenge...
Appreciate 0