04-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #66
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
If you want to do light correction with lift throttle to bring you back on line, MDM applies the front brake to prevent the rotation and slows you down, so you are now going slower but still pointing in the wrong direction . I am curious about trying out Euro MDM this summer.
It may not do much better than regular one, if you keep square set up. I rode in Euro MDM car with square set up (R-comps though), and it seemed more intrusive than in mine with stock proportion of tire diameters.

It seems you know mosport, so just for reference, I can do ~1:39 time at mostport (street tires) with Euro MDM not blinking a single time and probably not interfering. If I push for a faster lap, I can feel it on the entrance to 8 and exit of 4 and 5, just reducing rotation in all cases. Still, low 1:38 in a stock car on AD08 (stock diameters) is doable with Euro MDM not being a pest. I could not go below 1:38 with it off either, but I've seen it done on comparable tires.

I did find it more intrusive at Calabogie.

Anyway, what I'd really like is a system that would not interfere at all unless you are really beyond saving without computer interference - kind of a built-in track insurance. Should be possible, given all the tech available now.
Appreciate 0