Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
nope, DSC light never came on but don't really care that much - I had fun and that's what I'm really after.. safefun, improving lap times and chasing down GT3s and 911s... The way I look at it is if I end up pinching the wheel or mistreating the throttle at most my car goes sideways a bit and a light comes on ... vs a full on spin ... I'll take the former anyday.. atleast until I can afford a third cheap track car..
I'm not in the camp of...you MUST turn DSC off. It is a personal decision because who paid for the car, right? If you are out there for just fun then keeping it on might be the right personal decision.

BUT...you really are missing out. While I have not tried euro MDM but I think anyone wanting to become an advanced level driver that can trail brake, throttle steer, and intentionally and aggressively slide and rotate the car needs to turn DSC off. The M3 can do that stuff and do it very well in an easily controllable manner. And its super fun! I think it is borderline dangerous for a driver in a fast advanced group to rely on the nannies to save them because what you are not doing is being aware of all the feedback from the car. IMO, it breeds complacency.

On a side note, I do know that The Driver's Edge will NOT promote you from blue to yellow (run groups from green-blue-yellow-red) if you drive with traction control on. I'm curious to see what PCA and BMWCCA say about traction control.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0