View Single Post
      11-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Jebus, I had no idea this would stir up so much emotion. Like UltimateBMW and CaptainJackHarkness stated, I play how I want to play so long as it does not affect others. I do things because I can. Made this DIY not to show off or taunt. I made it super detailed and I firmly believe anyone can do it.

Yes with 16 mil gold I can buy whatever I want. I level up faster...unlock achievements faster.

But, I can already modify my achievements. With a few clicks of a button, I can already unlock all the achievements and even timestamp them in the intervals I desire. I can make my gamerscore whatever I want...add games I've never played and unlock achievements I've never earned. It proves nothing.

I put this knowledge out there to be shared and to be used if so desired. Don't like it? Don't do it! It doesn't affect you or your gameplay .

When Oblivion came out some purists complained about quick travel!--that it was too simple and they yearned the old days when you had to walk for hours to reach a location.

Then fucking walk.

--

Also how come no one preaches about coding cars? Aren't we using unlawfully obtained, proprietary BMW software to mess with our vehicles? And some of these DIYers become vendors and sell their services. Isn't that 100x more egregious and heinous?

Why not preach to them and tell these DIYers to go to the Dealership and pay for the programming/coding? "It's part of the BMW experience" don't ruin it.

The reply will be, "It's my car. I'll do whatever the fuck I want."
Appreciate 0