View Single Post
      05-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #71
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
For and Aston Martin it is very compelling to me as the same car in Ireland would run you somewhere in the region of CAD$180,000 for that year but I wouldn't rush into Aston ownership anyway.

I looked into the speedo thing and once the speedo shows both mph and kph there is no legal requirement to change it out for driving in Canada. I was looking at bringing in a couple of Maseratis and contacted them here and they do say you have to change and the speedo and software needed runs around CAD$10,000 which is a rip-off. I told them to go stick their cars where the sun don't shine. If I really wanted one I'd consider fighting them on it.

On the pricing, the problem they have is that even though they're moving to V6 power they have existing S5 owners and owners to be that are paying the high price they have right now. They would seriously alienate those customers if they then introduced a new S5 with substantially lower pricing and then an RS5 that was only a small amount more expensive. I think they'll find it hard to reduce the price from that point of view. Who knows though. Wait and see. I have 3 years left on my M3 lease so it won't affect me yet.
I have a sneaking suspicion that the new rs5 won't be coming to NA. They'll move the price point lower with the rs4 and s4.
Appreciate 0