View Single Post
      01-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #8
335m
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Take it to a shop that does ceramic coating, they will abrasive blast the tips and coat them for you....... If you want black tips that is. If you want to remove it yourself it will be very time consuming work sanding on them, cured powder coat is difficult to remove, but it is not impossible. Once you have the coating off you could polish the tips and have that look if you prefer it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
I removed my black painted tips with Aircraft Cleaner. Smother that shit on and scrape off with plastic scraper. Use in warm or sunny area. Slather it on, let sit for 10 minutes, it bubbles off. Don't get it on your skin it's itchy as hell
I'll try out some cleaner on it and see how it turns out, then most likely stop by an exhaust shop and ask for new tips if possible. I'd prefer polished tips over black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nh View Post
It might be plasti-dip? Looks like it from the texture. You never know till you have it. You can get new tips off ebay and weld them on for cheap at an exhaust shop.

I'd skip the hassle. Gintani exhaust drones. :/
Gintani sport is the only exhaust I really like the tone of, deep low bass sound vs all the other exotic sounding exhausts that are too loud or raspy.

Besides I don't really spend any time at 2k rpms in Austin.