View Single Post
      12-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #100
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

I wonder why we don't simply wait for more "on the road" comps - they're coming!

I don't expect that the Edmunds' driver's impressions of the GT-R and the 997 Turbo can't be that awry:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123940

The GT-R should be faster than the M3 and likely one of the very fastest cars on the road - so what? It's great for us that such cars are available and even better that a car like the GT-R can be produced for $10's of K less than the greats from Zuffenhausen. Mind you, I bet the Stateside dealers aren't going to sell them at MSRP ..
(quick test: would you pay a $15k premium for a GT-R or a Shelby Mustang 500GT w/ solid axle rear )
My subjective views on Porsches - I love them, in part for their history (even though we know the Zuffenhausen engineers have had to work w/ a compromised design - brilliantly I might add) - matter not a jot.

So while I may prefer a Porsche over a GT-R ($$ no object) then I can also stand back in awe and admire the job that Nissan has done w/ the latest GT-R.

Just my 2c ...

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0