View Single Post
      03-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
lugnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Space/Fox

One word of caution.... I was at Harrahs over the summer (I was staying at the Water Club, ran out to pick up a friend, and just drove straight to Harrahs for the pool party). We pulled up, I valet my car and walk in. When I gave the valet the keys I was pretty much at the entrance to Harrahs in their little driveway overhang thingy.

Fast-forward 3 hours, I walk out and hand the valet my ticket. He then looks all confused, and tells me that they don't have my keys, even though my car has been moved about 500'. The Valet claimed "I never gave him the key". After about 15 minutes of arguing about how the hell they managed to start my car and move it w/o the key, I ask simply to have a Harrah's pay for my cab ride to the Water Club...which amazingly Harrah's then refused to even provide a cab for me to get back, and flat out refused to pay for a car to take me to the closest BMW dealership to buy a replacement key in the morning. Oh....and they still refused to acknowledge that they lost my key in the first place (at one point even taking the stance that the valet must have started my car and driven it because "BMWs always start as long as the key is within 50' of the car". This dance went in circles for about 40 minutes (during this time another customer also claimed that Harrah's misplaced his key, and he had been waiting for a resolution for almost an hour), until eventually my friend found my key....in the trunk of my M3...

The Valet manager then stated that my friend "must have had the key the whole time, and put it in the trunk to make Harrah's look bad"....as to how my vehicle was moved 500' in the first place, he still had no answer.

And yes...i did tip the valet when I pulled up (the one and only time I tipped upon arrival and not departure.) As I started going ballistic as to why the fine employees of Harrah's were going through my trunk, the manager offered to refund my tip $, but at that point I was too angry to do anything except get in my car and leave.

I will NEVER valet my car at Harrah's ever again. Hell....I haven't been back to their nightlcub since either, and don't plan on it anytime soon.
08 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red Gintani Race (sold), RG63
02 E46 M3 Cab Imola, E36 Z3 Atlanta Blue/Tan
Appreciate 0